Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Spain 2013 - The 4 songs of El Sueño de Morfeo

Photo: rtve.es
So after a two-hour delay, RTVE released the 4 songs. Unfortunately only the two of them are in full length. The ones that are in the voting to take the ticket for the final. I didn't blog about this year's process coz as I said before, I don't use the blog to inform you. Just to comment. It's impossible to keep up with everything. I'm alone here. I don't have a team like the big websites.

Anyway, they're using the same format as last year. Two songs are already in the final and the 3rd one will be chosen via online voting.

Contigo Hasta El Final
I think this is my favourite. For now at least. I might change my mind. Who knows? But as I said when I first blogged about ESDM, they're not my cup of tea. This song starts slowly which is something I need from them in order to like the song. Here, if you click on the video you'll listen some other parts of the song in the background and in the end you can hear a small part of the chorus.

Dame Tu Voz
Uhm... no. I don't like this one. And I don't think I'll change my mind when I hear the full version.

Revolución
A good beginning, something bugs me when we hit the chorus, then it gets good in the second verse and I totally love the guitar part at 1:58. Overall I like it. Actually what bugs me is Raquel's voice in combination with the celtic music. Maybe if they used someone else's backing vocals I'd like it more... hm...

Atrévete
I kinda like the chorus of this one but it sounds like a never-ending song. It reached at 2:07 and I thought "ok it's ending" (I didn't know it was at 2:00+) but we had another 50 seconds and for me it was too much. So I guess it's a no for this one.

Well I can't say I'm impressed but I wasn't expecting to be impressed since I don't like this music. It's between "Contigo Hasta El Final" and "Revolución" for me. But unfortunately I don't see them doing well in ESC. Of course I need to listen to all the ESC entries before I draw such a conclusion at this point. Maybe I'm wrong...

The good thing is that they stuck to their sound. Even if I don't like it. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment