Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ESC 2011 - Reviewing the countries beginning with "S"


San Marino sends Senit with the song "Stand By" written by Radiosa Romani.
San Marino returns with an average song. It's definitely not a bad song but not a winner either. I kinda like it but I will get bored of it by the end of Eurovision. At least this time San Marino will get some points from Italy. ;)
San Marino competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #12.
4pts from me and good luck to San Marino!






Serbia sends Nina with the song "Čaroban" written by Kristina Kovač.
Ooh I love this!! Words that came to mind with the first listening: oldies, retro, '60s! It's fantastic and in serbian! Wiie! I listened to the song and I immediately brought a picture of how I would like to see this in ESC. Nina with a band on stage and 3 girls on the backing vocals. Unfortunately this is not possible since they will need more than 6 people to do something like this. But from what I read they're planning to do something like this. I really hope for a top 10, if not top 5!
Serbia competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #6.
12pts from me and good luck to Serbia!




Slovakia sends TWiiNS wit the song "I’m Still Alive" written by Bryan Todd, Sandra Nordstrom, Brano Jancich.
Sorry Slovakia but this sounds like a typical average/bad american song. Not the worst in the contest but really I don't see anything here. But I definitely prefer this one over Irealnd's twins! At least it has nice lyrics but not my taste. Really.
Slovakia competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #5.
3pts from me and good luck to Slovakia!






Slovenia sends Maja Keuc with the song "No One" written by Matjaž Vlašič and Urša Vlašič.
Ah one of my top 10 countries in Eurovision's history! And finally after a so-so song in 2009 and a real disaster in 2010 they're back with a great great song! No Maja wasn't my favourite in Slovenia's NF. She was actually my third favourite behind April and Nina Pušlar but I'm totaly fine with Maja. I was (well I always am) against the song's translation from slovenian to english but this is one of the rare cases that it actually worked. So this has to make it to the final.
Slovenia competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #13.
12pts from me and good luck to Slovenia!



Spain sends Lucía Pérez with the song "Que Me Quiten Lo Bailao" written by Rafael Artesero Herrero.
The ultimate feel-good song of this year's edition! And I have to say that when Spain chose this I couldn't give it more than 5 points. It has grow on me a lot since then! And they removed the "para churu churu" part from the original version. I really disliked that part but sometimes I actually miss it! Hahahahaha I was made fun of it and whenever I do something like that I start liking it! Just as I did to "Algo Pequeñito" last year. I was making fun of the "ooohooh" (or however you spell these phonetics :P) and I ended up liking the song! Anyway...
Spain competes in the final with running order #22.
12pts from me and good luck to Spain!


Sweden sends Eric Saade with the song "Popular" written by Fredrik Kempe.
I can say a lot about Sweden and Melodifestivalen since it's the NF I watch every year and I know all the details about (compared to the other NFs of course). Sweden had much better songs and for once again, a winner among them. Story of my life! Sweden chose the wrong song again. OK "Popular" is a really catchy song and Eric is a good looking guy. He will get votes from the teen girls but let's face it. They lyrics are really bad! And Eric has trouble singing live while dancing like this. And now that he won't have pre-recorded vocals in ESC the song will sound a lot different than in MF.
Sweden competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #8.
8pts from me and good luck to Sweden!


Switzerland sends Anna Rossinelli with the song "In Love For A While" written by David Klein.
Nice song with a nice melody. Not a song that it will be on my repeat list but I will enjoy it and I don't mind seeing this to the final. I also like Anna's voice and of course the "na na na" part. Hehe
Switzerland competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #8.
5pts from me and good luck to Switzerland!

0 comments:

Post a Comment