Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

ESC 2011 - Reviewing the countries beginning with "G", "H"


Georgia sends Eldrine with the song "One More Day" written DJ Rock & Mikheil Chelidze and DJ BE$$.
I started listening to this I thought "oh great!" until I reached the chorus! What is this? Totally out of place! This could be a really great song if the chorus was different. It's not a bad song but to me it's not "Eurovision". And I know nowadays people don't want "Eurovision" songs but I love them! So this one is not a favourite but definitely not in my bottom!
Georgia competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #9.
4pts from me and good luck to Georgia!




Germany sends Lena Meyer-Landrut with the song "Taken By A Stranger" written by Gus Seyffert, Nicole Morier and Monica Birkenes.
This is one of the darkest songs I've ever heard! Normally I don't comment the videos but they couldn't have made a better video for the song. Period. And I like the fact that they send a totally different song than "Satellite". I wathced the german NF and "TBAS" was my favourite. There's absolutely no way that Lena -or anyone in her shoes- can win ESC twice in a row (and don't get me started with Johnny Logan!) but I believe Germany will make a decent appearance. Maybe a top 10. I think that'll do.
Germany competes in the final with running order #16.
7pts from me and good luck to Germany!



Greece sends Loukas Yorkas feat. Stereo Mike with the song "Watch My Dance" written by Eleana Vrahali and Giannis Christodoulopoulos.
Do I have to do this? I am so embarassed! What the hell did you vote for Greeks? This is probably the first time I hate my country's entry so much! This is awful! Yeah yeah "we" decided to send a song with much more greek elements than last year but really? How greek is the rap part? JESUS! Total disaster! And even without the rap part I wouldn't like the song. I just hate greek music! Especially the traditional one! Eew! I really hope we don't make it to the final this year but I know we will! We have some really nice neighbours. Duh!
Greece competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #19.
0pts from me and good luck to Greece!



Hungary sends Kati Wolf  with the song "What About My Dreams?" written by Péter Geszti, Viktor Rakonczay and Gergő Rácz.
ADORE it! The only thing that I don't like is that it is too short! Hahaha. No really. It sounds like there's only one verse and then we go to the bridge... But I can't help it. I love this song! I would love it to be Budapest 2012! But the thought of Kati being a Kate Ryan of 2011 terrifies me! She has to give us a solid performance. It's a song with pretty difficult vocals. If this fails to make it to the final it will be a total disaster for me! So Europe watch out!
Hungary competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #15.
12pts from me and good luck to Hungary!

0 comments:

Post a Comment