Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

ESC 2011 - Reviewing the countries beginning with "C", "D", "E"

Croatia sends Daria Kinzer with the song "Celebrate" written by Andrea Čubrić and Boris Đurđević.
I like it! A lot! Great intro, great music, nice lyrics. A favourite song for many people and I am one of them. And there's clapping in it!! I just love clapping in the songs! Haha! "Put your *clap* *clap* hands up!" However, I think that the verses are better than the chorus. With a bit better chorus the song would be in the top 5! I think they deserve a top 10!
Croatia competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #13.
8pts from me and good luck to Croatia!




Cyprus sends Christos Mylordou with the song "San Aggelos S’agapisa" written by Mixalis Antoniou and Andreas Anastasiou.
I don't know what's wrong with Cyprus all these years! I don't even remember when was the last time I liked their song! I don't like this. At all! Not my cup of tea really. This year they send a song in greek. I guess that's because Greece last year got a good result with a song in greek but with this song, I don't see it happening for Cyprus.
Cyprus competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #9.
0pts from me and good luck to Cyprus!




Denmark sends A Friend In London with the song "New Tomorrow" written by Lise Cabble and Jakob Glæsner.
This is the first out of the 3 songs competing this year with a message to save the planet and I think this is my favourite. It's an ok song. I don't see anything more than that. Nice message but we've seen that before. Denmark had some really really nice songs this year and they chose this one... What can I say? I would have given them 12 points if they'd sent Jenny Berggren with "Let Your Heart Be Mine" but now...
Denmark competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #18.
5pts from me and good luck to Denmark!



Estonia sends Getter Jaani with the song "Rockefeller Street" written by Sven Lõhmus.
Big fuss about this song. Ok I like it but come on. It's not a winner. Personally I don't like the intro. I am that close to skip the song every time I hear that intro but I don't coz I know I like the chorus - a lot! But I guess that's pretty much the only think I like in this song. It has a really great beat in the chorus and the lyrics are ok. "1, 2, 7, 3 down the Rockefeller Street" the melody in that part is just awesome!
Estonia competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #15.
6pts from me and good luck to Estonia!

0 comments:

Post a Comment