Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

ESC 2011 - Reviewing the countries beginning with "L", "M", "N"


Latvia sends Musiqq with the song "Angel In Disguise" written by Marats Ogļezņevs.
I like it! I just wish they had a bit better accent. Not that it's the worst but...yeah whatever. Point is I like the song quite a lot. This is one of the few good songs this yearl Their voices remind me of Chad Kroeger's voice. Not a bad thing. I think Latvia will have a good result this year.
Latvia competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #17.
7pts from me and good luck to Latvia!





Lithuania sends Evelina Sašenko with the song "C’est Ma Vie" written by Paulius Zdanavičius and Andrius Kairys.
Extremely boring for my taste! I don't like ballads! OK Evelina has a really nice voice but this is so boring! I really don't know what else to say.
Lithuania competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #17.
1pt from me and good luck to Lithuania!







Malta sends Glen Vella with the song "One Life" written by Fleur Balzan and Paul Giordimania.
Oh my God!! I listened to the song once when Malta chose it and I put it on now to comment it and first thing that came to mind was "oh she sounds like Anastacia"! I scroll down to Malta's topic at esctodayforum.com to get the composers' names and I see Glen's photo! (no I didn't pay any attention to his name at first! I just looked at Vella) Oh God! OK! Ehm not a terrible song but not a great one. It has its ups and downs.
Malta competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #11.
4pts from me and good luck to Malta!




Moldova sends Zdob şi Zdub with the song "So Lucky" written by Andy Shuman, Marc Elsner, Yagupov Roman and Mihai Gincu.
Comeback for Zdob şi Zdub. They did good in 2005 but this one sucks big time! Whenever they sing "so lucky" I hate it! It's so annoying! Especially with that accent! And generally I don't like the song!
Moldova competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #7.
0pts from me and good luck to Moldova!







Norway sends Stella Mwangi with the song "Haba Haba" written by Stella Mwangi, Beyond51 and Big City.
Alright this is a fun song but I really don't get why people want this to win! Seriously? Originally I gave it 3pts but it grew on me. However there's absilutely no way this will become my winner! It's gonna be just 3 fun minutes. Maybe 6 if she makes it to the final. Overall it's a summerish song with african elements like France's song last year. That's all my friends. Why such a hype about it?
Norway competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #2.
5pts from me and good luck to Norway!



0 comments:

Post a Comment