Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

ESC 2012 - Reviewing the countries beginning with "N", "P", "R"


The Netherlands send Joan Franka with the song "You And Me" written by Joan Franka and Jessica Hogeboom.
What ruins the song for me is Joan's voice. I don't like her voice. And because of that I don't listen to the song even though it has a nice melody. What's wrong with the Netherlands lately? I hope next year they will be wise enough to send Miss Brandi Russell! She sent 4 great songs and they rejected all of them. Shame...
The Netherlands competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #3.

1pt from me and good luck to the Netherlands!

 
Norway sends Tooji with the song "Stay" written by Tooji, Peter Boström and Figge Boström.
I don't like this. I don't like the music of "Stay". And I guess I'm one of the few that don't like it. Plus, it reminds me a bit of Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" (just a part). And I have a feeling that this will end up like "Haba Haba" but I hope it won't...
Norway competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #16.

3pts from me and good luck to Norway!



Portugal sends Filipa Sousa with the song "Vida Minha" written by Andrej Babić and Carlos Coelho.
I kinda like the chorus but the song as a whole is indifferent. But I'm glad that Portugal once again sends an entry in portugese! I like Filipa's voice and she can sing live so that's a good thing but I don't see this going well for them this year either...
Portugal competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #6.

3pts from me and good luck to Portugal!



Romania sends Mandinga with the song "Zaleilah" written by Costi Ioniţă, Secada Dihigo Omar and Ionescu Elena.
In my top 3!!! :D This makes me so happy! Love it, love it, love it, LOOOOOVE IT!!! And it's in spanish!!! <3<3<3 Needless to say that this became my all time favourite romanian entry! Also needless to say that I listen to the 3:40-minute version (but they need to fix the intro in this one :P). LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! And I love MANDINGA!!!!! They are amazing!!!
Romania competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #6.

12pts from me and good luck to Romania!


Russia sends Buranovskiye Babushki with the song "Party For Everybody" written by Viktor Drobych and Olga Tuktaryova.
12pts to the cute granny! But she's not enough to make me give 12pts to the song! I don't know if I like it or not! I think I like it but lately I skip it when it comes to the playlist... Pff I don't know...
Russia competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #14.

5pts from me and good luck to Romania!

0 comments:

Post a Comment