Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

ESC 2012 - Iceland: Let's bitch!

Some title right? Great way to come back to blogging after two weeks! Well sorry guys, got caught up with uni stuff and Helena Paparizou in the swedish Let's Dance and since I'm the only one in her official fan club that speaks swedish (and lives in Sweden), I have a lot of work to do! Anyway enough with the off topic introduction.

Back to the title and the actual blog post! As you can see the post is about Iceland 2012. Well not the country itself. More about their entry. Well more about the singers and not the song. Well more about one of the singers. Well more about Greta! (that "well more about" got really annoying right? *oops*)

Well the regular readers (hope there are some out there!) of this blog know how much I wanted "Mundu Eftir Mér" to be performed in icelandic! If not check this out. As you can see from these blog posts me and Greta exchanged some comments on facebook regarding the language. You know what happened. They're gonna send it in english. Even after the final decision was made me and Katy (check her blog out!) kept supporting the icelandic version and arguing about it. A couple of days ago I wondered why I don't see any activity from Greta's profile so I checked it out and surprise surprise! She deleted me! And Katy! Now I guess this is the definition of accepting other people's opinions right? Because we never fought with anyone. We were expressing our opinion in the best possible way without insulting anyone! And all we got was a "delete friend" from Greta! What a great and mature attitude don't you think? I guess she doesn't want us around to say "we told you so" when this will all be over... ;) xD

Honestly, I wasn't planning to blog about this but hey! I have the right to talk about whatever I want! Especially since I'm not insulting anyone. I'm just telling you what happened. Hard feelings for Greta? Well not really. Honest. I actually don't care. She did get some "minus points" for that attitude but other than that I don't care. I wasn't gonna vote for Iceland the moment they decided to send their entry in english so me not voting for them isn't because of Greta. (well to a greater extend it is since she decided to go for the english version but still...)

The fun part? I still love "Mundu Eftir Mér"! Even though it's no longer in my top 3 and perhaps not even in my top 5. Aah I really need to make my top 10! I keep saying "tomorrow", "tomorrow", "definitely tomorrow"...

8 comments:

Carlos Ibero said...

Can't wait to read your top 10... Carlos (Spain).
I follow you! Greta sucks! :)

Kenan said...

Why the top 10 of Alca is'nt ready? Kenan from Baku-)

Ifi said...

Carlos!! :D Nice to see you around!

Guys about the top 10... It's gonna take a while. The next 3 days will be extremely busy. I have to work on a project (university stuff) and the deadline is on Friday. Plus I want to go to Stockholm on Friday so I will have to work really hard until then.

And before I make my top 10 I want to review the songs one by one as I did the previous years... I had much much more free time last year...

Kenan are you a member at esctoday forum? :)

Kenan said...

Ifi, hi. No i'm not a member of esctoday forum.
I'll wait the TOP 10 of Esc 2012)
Gooc luck

Anonymous said...

Alca!! i have a request, make "we told you so" as you title post LOL i literally laughing my ass off when Iceland did so badly.. heeheh we told you so Greta, we told you so! :P

Ifi said...

Hm.... mikamikaaaa your nickname is quite familiar. And you sound like you know me... Help me out a bit coz I'm having a blackout. Do I know you?

Anonymous said...

lol. no. we don't know each other :)but if u have last.fm, then yes.

Ifi said...

Nope, I don't have last.fm so we definitely don't know each other :P Perhaps you commented on another post? Anyway :P

Post a Comment