Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

ESC 2012 - Reviewing the countries beginning with "A"

Ok back to work! Sooo busy with uni stuff but I have to do this. I want to do this! And finally I need to make my official top 10! I know my top 4 so far haha. 'Kay! Let's do this!


Albania sends Rona Nishliu with the song "Suus" written by Florent Boshnjaku and Rona Nishliu.
I couldn't listen to the entire song (I'm talking about the NF version). Now the final version sounds better. She has a nice voice, quite screamy for my taste (please no comparisons to Pastora Soler!). As far as I can remember she didn't quite perform it in the NF. I remember several forum members saying she was out of tune. As I said I didn't watch the entire performance. Anyway the song has a nice melody but I'm not a big fan. Nice video by the way.
Albania competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #5.

3pts from me and good luck to Albania!

Austria sends Trackshittaz with the song "Woki Mit Deim Popo" written by Lukas Plöchl and Manuel Hoffelner.
I've listened to this 3 times in a row. Still forgettable and totally not my cup of tea! For some reason I don't think this is the worst song of this year's edition. But I don't like it. About their NF performance, ehm rappers with suits? Really? Aah. No.
Austria competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #16.

1pt from me and good luck to Austria!

Azerbaijan sends Sabina Babayeva with the song "When The Music Dies" written by Anders Bagge, Stefan Örn, Johan Kronlund and Sandra Bjurman.
Another swedish entry for Azerbaijan hehe. Hm...average song for me. Don't like it, don't dislike it. It's not something I will hear over and over again. It will be a nice moment in the final and that's all. I also don't see it as a grower (for me!) coz you know I'm not a ballad lover. Ballads don't grow on me. If I don't like it from then first listening then that's it! Another nice video though.
Azerbaijan competes in the final with running order #13.

5pts from me and good luck to Azerbaijan!



Ok that didn't take a lot of time which means I will try to blog about the "B" countries in the afternoon. Don't worry I'm not taking them one letter at a time. 3 to 5 countries per post. But the "S" countries are 7 so I will review them all in one post. Anyway, that's it for now. :)

1 comments:

Kenan said...

MMM, this year our entry is'nt bad, but not good. Sabina is a jazz singer, she has a nice voice, but this song is'nt for Sabina. Thanks for points

Post a Comment