Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

ESC 2012 - Reviewing the countries beginning with "I"


Iceland sends Greta Salóme and Jónsi with the song "Never Forget" written by Greta Salóme Stefánsdóttir.
What can I say here? If you're a regular reader you know the story... :/ I so miss the icelandic version! I have to admit it though, the english chorus is addictive and easy to remember and sing along. But the song lost its magic the moment they translated it. Nothing more to say here. Just that Iceland has the best preview video of 2012. Oh yes! I gave 10pts to the original version.
Iceland competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #3.

7pts from me and good luck to Iceland!
Ireland sends Jedward with the song "Waterline" written by Nick Jarl and Sharon Vaughn.
"Lipstick" was my guilty pleasure last year. This year, I don't even see them in the final (yeah I wish!). Ok they'll make it to the final but they'll do worse than last year. Anyway to comment the song, I don't like it. I find it below the average and their choreography is almost identical to last year's. Can't they do anything else apart from jumping around?
Ireland competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #18.

1pt from me and good luck to Ireland!
Israel sends Izabo with the song "Time" written by Ran Shem Tov and Shiri Hadar.
I would give anything to send Maya Buskila's "Ahava Acheret"! Anything! Don't get me wrong. I like "Time" a lot! But this year Maya had a top 3 song! But we can't do anything now. As I said I like "Time". It's something totally different this year and I like that Israel sends Izabo. I love the music of the song! It's so great! Israel is my dark horse this year.
Israel competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #10.

8pts from me and good luck to Israel! 


Italy sends Nina Zilli with the song "L'Amore È Femmina (Out Of Love)" written by Kristoffer Sjokvist, Charlie Mason, Frida Molander, Nina Zilli and Christian Rabb.
Another song ruined by the english language! Imo anyway. English is my favourite language but when it comes to eurosongs I prefere the original versions. The plus here is that they keep some parts in italian and that's good. I love the song! (the original version) I'm probably one of the very few that prefer this over "Per Sempre". I find "Per Sempre" really forgettable and indifferent. 10pts to the original version of "L'Amore È Femmina"!
Italy competes in the final with running order #10.

7pts from me and good luck to Italy! 

EDIT: I feel quite embarrassed coz I forgot to review Italy's song! I'm sorry guys! I missed the flag!

0 comments:

Post a Comment