Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

ESC 2012 - Reviewing the countries beginning with "B"

Belarus sends Litesound with the song "We Are The Heroes" written by Dmitry Karyakin and Vladimir Karyakin.
What did you do Belarus?! :( The first version was fantastic and now you ruined it!!! :( You are supposed to make a song sound better not worse! I don't like the final version! On the plus side Dimitry sounds like a combination of Chad Kroeger (Nickelback) and Tyler Connolly (Theory of a Deadman) and he's quite handsome. But that's not the point! The song is what matters! And it doesn't sound good. Sorry Belarus! I will keep listening to the original version which for the record, I was planning to give 10pts to...
Belarus competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #5.

5pts from me and good luck to Belarus!
 
 
Belgium sends Iris with the song "Would You" written by Jean Bosco Safari, Walter Mannaerts and Nina Sampermans.
Ballad...snoozefest! I didn't like it from the first listening so no way it's gonna grow on me. I like Iris' voice but I don't like the song. I find it boring. It can be a good jury bait but it doesn't work for me and I don't know what else to say about it.
Belgium competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #8.

1pt from me and good luck to Belgium!
 
 
 
 
Bosnia & Herzegovina sends Maya Sar with the song "Korake Ti Znam" written by Maja Sarihodžić.
I listened to this for the first time and I sang along in the end "Korake ti znam"! Hahaha Quite obvious! I kinda like it. It belongs to a strange category for me. It's a ballad I like but a ballad that I'm not crazy about and that means that I will enjoy it in the semi (and in the final too if they make it) but it won't be in my ESC playlist. And because of that it's hard for me to give my points...
Bosnia & Herzegovina competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #17.

5pts from me and good luck to Bosnia & Herzegovina!
 
 
Bulgaria sends Sofi Marinova with the song "Love Unlimited" written by Krum Georgiev, Yasen Kozev and Doni Vasileva.
Bulgaria did it again! 3rd time in a row that they're in my top 5! Even though last year I think they dropped to my no6 but it doesn't matter! Love love love the song! When I first listened to the song I laughed a bit with Sofi's high notes in the chorus but now it's totally fine. She will definitely need a good stylist! They need to find one or they can be screwed by this! Details are important in ESC! 
Bulgaria competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #8.

10pts from me and good luck to Bulgaria!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment