Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sanna Nielsen - I'm In Love (album review)


I always had in mind the album reviewing and I think it's time I began reviewing the albums. During the last week of Melodifestivalen I bought a few albums and I want to review them. I recently saw a review of Sanna's album and I kinda got jealous. Hehe. So I think this is the right time to start since Melodifestivalen is over and there are no more NFs waiting. There wouldn't be a better album to begin with since Sanna's is the one I'm listening to the most. OK here we go.

T & m: Bobby Ljunggren, Marcos Ubeda
"Devotion" was the first single of the album, released on 18th January 2010. So it's not actually a new song. There wasn't a better song to be first on the tracklist! It's a great song! I love the lyrics! It makes me happy!
*the lyrics are wrong but it was the only studio version I could find on youtube

T & m: Bobby Ljunggren, Irini Michas, Peter Boström, Thomas G:son
Aah this song! Sanna's entry in Melodifestivalen 2011. Before we listen to the song Sanna described her feelings when she first listened to it. She said she wasn't so impressed until it reached the chorus. After listening to the chorus she had to enter Mello with this! So when we first listened to 1 minute of each song competing in the second semi-final I didn't get the feeling Sanna got. I was disappointed until I watched her performing it live*! After that I said "OK Sanna was right". Listening to the full song made me entirely change my mind! This is so schlager and for a schlager lover like me, it's perfect! 
* the video is from the final

T & m: Henrik Wikström, Amir Aly 
"Part Of Me" was the second single of the album. I hadn't listened to it until I bought the album. I don't know why... This is not one of my favourites. But this doesn't mean I don't like it. Honestly there's not even a single song of the album that I don't like! It's just not an wow song for me. It's all about taste. ;)

4. Not Afraid To Love
T & m: Sanna Nielsen, Henrik Wikström
A really relaxing song! I love it! It fits Sanna's voice! Just great!

T & m: Bobby Ljunggren, Kristina Lagerström, Marcos Ubeda
The video is from the first official presentation of the song and I am really glad I was there! Another relaxing song that I enjoy listening to at nights.

T & m: Marcos Ubeda, Thomas G:son
I just love this! I love the chorus! That rhythm! "And we livin' it up!" shit! Amazing!

7. Demolition Woman
T & m: Sanna Nielsen, Henrik Wikström, Kristian Lagerström, Amir Aly
OK this is my FAVOURITE song of the album!! While we were waiting at Åhléns City a few songs of the album were playing until Sanna got on stage. "Demolition Woman" was the one stuck on my mind! The one that impressed me the most. I buy the album, I get home and I see that Sanna is one of the writers! She has to write her own music! From now on there should always be a few songs (co-)written by Sanna! "Demolition Woman" is totally the most played song of March! I usually put it on repeat! I really can't describe how much I ADORE this song!    

8. This Time Love Is Real
T & m: Oscar Holter, Jakke Erixson, Alexander Bard
Love it! Haha this album is full of love! It's a fantastic song! That's all I'm gonna say!

9. Take Me Home
T & m: Oscar Holter, Jakke Erixson
Hmm another not favourite song but again, not a bad song. I really like the parts right before the chorus and I like the lyrics!

10. Foolish Heart
T & m: Henrik Wikström, Kristian Lagerström     
Love it love it love it! Really strong melody and lyrics! For some reason I wanted this to be higher on the tracklist. Not that the tracklist has anything to do with which songs are good or bad but I feel like this should be in the first 5. It feels strange... Anyway! Love it!

11. Just Like That
T & m: Henrik Wikström, Kristian Lagerström
I think I just realised why I wanted "Foolish Heart" higher on the tracklist. "Just Like That" is a relaxing song and it just doesn't sound right coming after a song like "Foolish Heart" hehe. I like such relaxing songs. I love sleeping while listening to music and this song is perfect for that! Of course this doesn't mean that I don't listen to it during the day! haha

12. Paradise
T & m: Bobby Ljunggren, Marcos Ubeda
"Devotion" was the best song to be first on the album and "Paradise" is the best to end the tracklist! The title fits perfectly with the music! If you listen to the song without knowing its title you'd definitely bring paradise on your mind! Personally I bring to my mind a picture of a deserted beach. And it's the best way to go to bed! It's 1am so good night!


Oh and as you noticed I haven't put links to all of the songs. That's because they are not on youtube. But you can listen to a few seconds of them here

OK people, this is an album you should definitely add to your collection. It's a masterpiece! Go ahead and buy it here!
 

1 comments:

Javier said...

Lovely album! =)

Post a Comment