Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins 2013 - The songs


Ok holidays are over! Söngvakeppni's songs are out so let's get to work!

Semi-final 1 January 25th:

Magni Ásgeirsson - Ekki Líta Undan (Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson, Ingibjörg Gunnarsdóttir)
So icelandic! Nice song but nothing special. The thing is however that I don't mind hearing this over and over but will it work in ESC? Well it depends on what the other countries will send.

Eyþór Ingi Gunnlaugsson - Ég á Líf (Örlygur Smári, Pétur Örn Guðmundsson)
No no. That's a sleeping pill! Don't like it at all!

Svavar Knútur Kristinsson & Hreindís Ylva Garðarsdóttir Hólm - Lífið Snýst (Hallgrímur Óskarsson, Svavar Knútur Kristinsson)
Another no. The music in this one is also really icelandic but I don't like the song. I find it boring.

Birgitta Haukdal - Meðal Andanna (Birgitta Haukdal, Sylvía Haukdal Brynjarsdóttir, Jonas Gladnikoff, Michael James Down, Primoz Poglajen)
Hm... I was excited to see Birgitta's name here coz I really love her 2003 attempt but this one... ah I don't know. It's not much...

Edda Viðarsdóttir - Sá sem Lætur Hjartað Ráða För (Þórir Úlfarsson, Kristján Hreinsson)
Not this one either... I can't say I don't like it. It's just a bit meh... :/

Jóhanna Guðrún Jónsdóttir (Yohanna) - Þú (Davíð Sigurgeirsson)
Ok I've read quite a few comments about Yohanna's song. Negative comments that is. But I actually like it! Yeah it's nowhere near "Is It True?" and "Nótt" but I like it!

Semi-final 2 January 26th:

Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir - Augnablik (Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson, Ingibjörg Gunnarsdóttir)
I like this one. I get a feeling of the Middle Ages... You know knights, kings, queens, castles, horses etc. It's totally a grower!

Unnur Eggertsdóttir - Ég Syng! (Elíza Newman, Gísli Kristjánsson, Ken Rose, Hulda G. Geirsdóttir)
I like this one too! It's a happy song!

Klara Ósk Elíasdóttir - Skuggamynd (Hallgrímur Óskarsson, Ashley Hicklin, Bragi Valdimar Skúlason)
Nothing here... Most of these songs sound so similar so there's nothing I can say...

Sylvía Erla Scheving - Stund Með þér (María Björk Sverrisdóttir)
Ok song. Just another icelandic song I can say.

Jógvan Hansen & Stefanía Svavarsdóttir - Til þín (Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson, Ágúst Ibsen)
Not my cup of tea...

Haraldur Reynisson - Vinátta (Haraldur Reynisson)
This is way too boring!

Ok I really don't know which is my winner! Most of them sound the same... I'm between Magni, Yohanna, Erna and maybe Birgitta...


0 comments:

Post a Comment