Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

ESC 2013 - Reviewing the countries beginning with "A"

It's April and it's time for the annual review.

Albania sends Adrian Lulgjuraj & Bledar Sejko with the song "Identitet" written by Bledar Sejko and Eda Sejko.
I like the intro and the music in general. But that's all. It's not a song that will make it to my playlist. Albania had the chance to enter my top 5 this year but they totally blew it. Kejsi would have got my 12 points! But not Adrian and Bledar...
Albania competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #14.

3pts from me and good luck to Albania! 



Armenia sends Dorians with the song "Lonely Planet" written by  Tony Iommi and Vardan Zadoyan.
First impression when I listened to this, boring! Second time, "oh my God! he's singing in english?". I thought the only english words in the song were "lonely" and "planet". But the language won't save it. I don't like it. At all! Bad comeback for Armenia!
Armenia competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #11.

0pts from me and good luck to Armenia!




Austria sends Natália Kelly with the song "Shine" written by Andreas Grass, Nikola Paryla, Alexander Kahr and Natália Kelly.
Austria... Weird thing happened with Austria this year. I followed their NF (well, not so difficult since they only had 5 songs). 4 of the songs were pretty bad. I liked only "Shine" so I was really happy when it won. On escunited.com's poll I gave it a 6 or a 7 right after it won. A few weeks later this 6 (or 7) became 8. I made my preliminary top 10 at some point and Austria was 7th. For the first time....EVER. A few weeks ago that 8 became 10. That 10 is now a 12 and Austria is currently in my top 3! Totally love it!
Austria competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #1.

12pts from me and good luck to Austria!


Azerbaijan sends Farid Mammadov with the song "Hold Me" written by Dimitrios Kontopoulos, John Ballard and Ralph Charlie Al Fahel.
A Greek composer there but yeah. I'm not a fan of the song. I only like the chorus. Not his accent though. It won't be a bad moment in the semi but yeah, it won't make it to any of my playlists.
Azerbaijan competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #4.

4pts from me and good luck to Azerbaijan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment