Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

ESC 2012 - Reviewing the countries beginning with "F"


Finland sends Krista Siegfrids with the song "Marry Me" written by Krista Siegfrids, Erik Nyholm, Kristoffer Karlsson and Jessica Lundström.
The dark horse of the year if you ask me! It has grown on me a lot, it kicked Spain out of my top 10 and I think it just entered my top 5!! Extremely catchy tune and the "oh oh, oh oh oh ding dong" sticks on your mind from the first listening! I'm a bit worried though. I really hope Krista won't sing the new version! It feels so "empty"... Like something is missing. It also sounds kinda "agressive" (maybe poor choice of words but I was never good at describing songs) and I totally miss the way she sings the "oh oh, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh ding dong" after the second chorus in the original version. So, please Krista, sing the original version!! I'm also a bit concerned about the performance. The clothes actually. I assume she'll wear the wedding dress. It's part of the song after all. I have no problem with it since I do get it's a funny song but some eurofans find it kitsch...
Finland competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #5.

12pts from me and good luck to Finland!



France sends Amandine Bourgeois with the song "L'Enfer Et Moi" written by David Salkin and Boris Bergman.
Meh... Ok. Not my cup of tea. For the gazillionth time, I don't like french! So it's hard to actually like a french entry. But I do like the music of the song! And Amandine has a nice voice but no. I don't like the song. And I'm pretty sure I won't... Good bye French readers... xD
France competes in the final. Running order TBA.

3pts from me and good luck to France! 



FYROM sends Esma & Lozano with the song "Pred Da Se Razdeni" written by Darko Dimitrov, Lazar Cvetkovski, Simeon Atanasov and Magdalena Cvetkovska.
Did they really need Esma? With a different chorus sung only by Lozano that would be really good. That "le le le le" is really annoying! But ok generally it's not bad.
FYROM competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #3.

4pt from me and good luck to FYROM!

0 comments:

Post a Comment