Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

ESC 2013 - Reviewing the countries beginning with "N", "R"


The Netherlands send Anouk with the song "Birds" written by Tore Johansson, Martin Gjerstad and Anouk Teeuwe.
Much much better than last year. Obviously. Anouk is a big name but the song is quite dark for the average viewer. I like it. It's not in my top 10 but I like it. I'm not so sure about making it to the final though...
The Netherlands competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #8.

7pts from me and good luck to the Netherlands!

 
Norway sends Margaret Berger with the song "I Feed You My Love" written by  Karin Park, Robin Lynch and Niklas Olovson.
My ultimate 12 pointer this year! WINNER!!! I think I said everything about Margaret's song. I don't know how well it will do because it's something completely new for the average ESC viewer. I'm hoping for the best!
Norway competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #13.

12pts from me and good luck to Norway!



Romania sends Cezar with the song "It's My Life" written by Cristian Faur.
Oh God! Why Romania? Why? 12 points last year, zero points this year! This is horrible! Just horrible! There were quite a few good songs in their NF this year and they picked this. So disappointed!
Romania competes in the 2nd semi-final with running order #17.

0pts from me and good luck to Romania!


Russia sends Dina Garipova with the song "What If" written by Gabriel Alares, Joakim Björnberg and Leonid Gutkin.
This sounds so not russian! And it's positive actually. I like it! I'm not crazy about it but I like it! And Dina's accent is great! Really nice song! Maybe the lyrics are a bit cheesy but whatever. They deserve a spot in the final. I mean it will be such a shame if she stays out while the grannies made it last year!
Russia competes in the 1st semi-final with running order #6.

7pts from me and good luck to Romania!

0 comments:

Post a Comment