Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Alcazar will take a break

What a sad day was yesterday... I just did my regular everyday check at alcazarworld.com only to see in the news section that Alcazar will take a break. A few minutes of shock and then I ran to Tess’ blog to see if there's something there while at the same time reading the QX interview (page 44, in swedish) trying to understand if they'll come back at some point. Nothing but a few comments from friends at Tess' blog. In the QX interview they say that they'll deal with some solo projects and stuff until they find something new and "alcazar". They say they will come back and Tess said that too in her latest blog entry where she explains why they take a break but, there's always a but... They say this now but who can guarantee this to us, fans? Who can guarantee that they will have the excitement they need to go on with Alcazar? A lot can change in a year! Maybe two? We don't even know how long this break will last! Let's face it! Andreas and Tess are no longer 30! They don't have the same energy as they used to. Maybe by the time they decide to come back they will be tired, both physically and mentally...

I sound too pessimistic but I am a pessimistic person. To me this is 2005 all over again! I discovered Alcazar in summer 2004 and they broke up a year later! I was devastated! Mostly because I didn't get the chance to meet them. You can't imagine how I felt when I visited their website to get some lyrics in January 2008 and I saw a completely different layout! They were back! Even with Annika and Magnus missing but with their new member Lina. But now things are different. My fear is not "when will I meet them?" coz I have already met them a few times. My problem is how will we survive without their music? I was expecting an album and instead I got a break! They just left us with their collaboration with Same Difference, "Karma Karma" and "Feel 4 U" with Dream Beats...

So Alcazar's last appearance will be on August 6th in Stockholm Pride. I don't know if I'll be back in Sthlm by then! I chose a really bad time to come back to Greece or they chose a really bad time to take a break! Shit! Nothing I can do now.

All we can do is HOPE that they will come back...

0 comments:

Post a Comment