Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Melodifestivalen 2014: The artists, the songs, the composers - Heats 3 & 4

The alarm clock went off at 9:40 in the morning. Turned it off. 10:07, fuck! The artist presentation! Well I tuned in kinda late. Actually, too late. But it didn't matter. I checked on facebook and I got what I needed. I also did a check on Alcazar's instagram just to get some hints. Where they back in Stockholm or still in Kalmar (they're having Christmas shows there)? Still in Kalmar. "Ok, they're not in.". Yeah right! The moment I tuned in at SVT's webcast I heard Gustav Dahlander saying something like "There is one more artist who didn't make it today. The song is called "Blame It On The Disco" and it's performed by Alcazar!"! And there it hit me. There is a lot to say about that but I'll do it tomorrow. Let's go to the semis.

Photo: Linwall Sven

Semi-final 3, Gothenburg 15/2


• All We Are
Artist: State of Drama
Composers: Göran Werner, Sanken Sandqvist, Emil Gullhamn, Sebastian Hallifax

• Around the World
Artist: Dr. Alban & Jessica Folcker
Composers: dr. alban, Jakke Erixson, Karl-Ola Kjellholm

• Burning Alive
Artist: Shirley Clamp
Composers: Bobby Ljunggren, Marcos Ubeda, Sharon Vaughn, Henrik Wikström

• Busy Doin’ Nothin’
Artist: Ace Wilder
Composers: Ace Wilder, Joy Deb, Linnéa Deb

• Echo
Artist: Outtrigger
Composers: Joy Deb, Linnéa Deb, Anton Malmberg Hård Af Segerstad, Outtrigger Kontaktperson:

• En enkel sång
Artist: CajsaStina Åkerström
Composer: CajsaStina Åkerström

• Red
Artist: EKO
Composers: Linnéa Deb, Joy Deb, Anna Lidman, Hannes Lundberg, Michael Ottosson

• Yes We Can
Artist: Oscar Zia
Composers: Fredrik Kempe, David Kreuger, Hamed "K-One” Pirouzpanah

So, a bunch of artists that come back! Shirley Clamp, State of Drama and Oscar Zia (well sort of comeback). There are no "standard qualifiers" here. Based just on their names, that is. I'm saying Oscar Zia will make it since the little girls are gonna vote like crazy for him. I really like the team begind Shirley's song! I'm really hoping for some good schlager!! The rest of them... Well I can't say anything yet.

Photo: Stefan Mattsson

Semi-final 4, Örnsköldsvik 22/2


• Blame It On The Disco
Artist: Alcazar
Composers: Fredrik Kempe, David Kreuger, Hamed "K-One” Pirouzpanah

• En himmelsk sång
Artist: Ellinore Holmer
Composers: Ellinore Holmer, Vanna Rosenberg, Åsa Schmalenbach, Josefina Sanner, Henrik Wikström, Amir Aly

• Fight Me If You Dare
Artist: I.D.A
Composers: Albin Nicklasson, Nicklas Laine, Louise Frick Sveen

• Hela natten
Artist: Josef Johansson
Composers: Peter Boström, Thomas G:son, Josef Johansson, Peo Thyrén

• Hollow
Artist: Janet Leon
Composers: Karl-Ola Kjellholm, Jimmy Jansson, Louise Winter

• Natural
Artist: Anton Ewald
Composers: John Lundvik

• Raise Your Hands
Artist: Ammotrack
Composers: Jari Kujansuu, Thomas Johansson, Calle Kindbom, Mikael de Bruin

• Ta mig
Artist: Linda Bengtzing
Composers: Nicke Borg, Jojo Borg Larsson

A-L-C-A-Z-A-R! So I was wrong when I said they won't be in. So much for posting about Tess' plans everywhere! xD I guess somehow she'll find a way to do both! "Blame It On The Disco"! Sounds really "Alcazar" but I really don't like seeing Fredrik Kempe's name there. It just doesn't feel right. Alcazar don't do Kempe's music. Of course, Andreas said it's a real party song so that gives me hope. Can't wait for that!

Then we have Linda Bengtzing!! I love the schlager queen! But again, Nicke Borg is behind the song? Are we really talking about a turbo schlager a la Linda song? Please don't be a ballad!

Anton Ewald and Janet Leon are also coming back. As far as I'm concerned, Alcazar and Linda B to the final!

More info about my Alcazar tomorrow! There's a lot to say. You can find that info basically in every swedish website but there's no way I'll leave them without a blog post dedicated to them! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment