Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Melodifestivalen 2014: The artists, the songs, the composers - Heats 1 & 2

Here we are! The artists of the first two semis are revealed! And of course Helena Paparizou was one of them. ;) Also, the expected Yohio and Sanna Nielsen. And many unknown artists (to me).

Photo: Lina Siksjö

Semi-final 1: Malmö 1/2


• Aleo
Artist: Mahan Moin
Composers: Mahan Moin, Anderz Wrethov

• Bedroom
Artist: Alvaro Estrella
Composers: Jakke Erixson, Jon Bordon, Lauren Francis, Kristofer Östergren

• Bröder
Artist: Linus Svenning
Composer: Fredrik Kempe

• Bygdens son
 Artist: Sylvester Schlegel
Composer: Sylvester Schlegel

• Casanova
Artist: Elisa Lindström
Composers: Ingela ”Pling” Forsman, Bobby Ljunggren, Jimmy Jansson

• Songbird
Artist: Ellen Benediktson
Composers: Sharon Vaughn, Johan Fransson, Tim Larsson, Tobias Lundgren

• Survivor
Artist: Helena Paparizou
Composers: Bobby Ljunggren, Henrik Wikström, Karl-Ola Kjellholm, Sharon Vaughn

• To the End
Artist: YOHIO
Composers: Andreas Johnson, Johan Lyander, Peter Kvint, YOHIO

Yeah, apart from Helena and Yohio I have no idea who the rest are! And if I just stick to the names then it's Helena and Yohio to the final! It's all about the songs though so I can't be sure about anything. It's the Swedes who vote after all. If you know what I mean. ;) I'm sad that Helena competes in Malmö and not in Linköping. But I totally expected it right after I found out (last night) that she'd be in today's press conference. Now she will either open the semi or perform last. She and Yohio will be the ones who'll share the spots 1 and 8. Who knows... I might repeat last year's craziness... Love Malmö!

Photo: Lina Siksjö

Semi-final 2, Linköping 8/2


• Efter solsken
Artist: Panetoz
Composers: Johan Hirvi, Mats Lie Skåre, Nebeyu Baheru, Njol Badjie, Pa Modou Badjie

• Glow
 Artist: Manda
Composers: Joy Deb, Linnéa Deb, Melanie Wehbe, Charlie Mason

• I Am Somebody
Artist: Pink Pistols
Composers: Joakim Törnqvist, Nestor Geli, Per Ivar Hed, Susie Päivärinta, Tord Bäckström

• Love Trigger
 Artist: JEM
Composers: Thomas G:son, Peter Boström, Julimar ”J-Son” Santos

• När änglarna går hem
Artist: Martin Stenmarck
Composers: Andreas Öhrn, Alexander Bard, Martin Stenmarck, Peter Boström

• Set Yourself Free
 Artist: Little Great Things
Composers: Charlie Grönvall, Cristoffer Wernqvist, Felix Grönvall, Adam Dahlström

• Hallelujah
Artist: The Refreshments
Composer: Joakim Arnell

• Undo
Artist: Sanna Nielsen
Composers: Fredrik Kempe, David Kreuger, Hamed "K-One” Pirouzpanah

Ok I didn't get Helena in "my" semi but I got Sanna Nielsen! And Martin Stenmarck! Funny that the last time I got to see Sanna was in April 2011, with Martin in Kvällen Är Din! Now I'll get to see them again! What can I say about the second semi? Again, I only know Sanna and Martin! And I've just heard of Panetoz... I'd say it's Sanna and Martin to the final. Based on my taste, that is. :P Sanna's song seems to be a ballad. That's the vibe I get by the title. But then I see Fredrik Kempe's name there and it screams schlager. We'll see...

EDIT: I just watched a video from TV4 and Sanna confirms it's a ballad!

Generally I'm not too excited about the names. 16 artists are revealed and I only care about 3 of them. Hopefully the songs will be good.

On Thursday we'll know the rest of the contestants. Expressen and Aftonbladet are sure that Alcazar are in. I'm not. At all. Tess is supposed to be in Thailand for two months during the mello season. I doubt she'll be going back and forth for Melodifestivalen. And I've posted this on many groups on fb and on escunited.com. Imagine if they're actually in! xD That would be awesome but I'll also be pissed coz they'll definitely be in Gothenburg's semi (again!). And neither Helena or my Alcazar will be in "my" semi! Grrr!

0 comments:

Post a Comment