Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

ESC 2012 - Pastora Soler in the final

Photo: Thomas Hanses (EBU)
Ok, when I wrote the blog entry about the final I said I'd write a new blog post just for Pastora. Well here it is.

First of all, I'd like to say that for the first (and probably the last!) time I was right about one thing regarding the ESC. Well two things. The first one was Loreen. I've been saying that she's the one who can win the whole thing since we found out she'd be in Mello 2012. The second one was of course Pastora Soler! And I know I said this a few times but I'm vindicated and it feels so great! Remember September's post? Well I wrote she's the only one who can bring the contest to Madrid. I still believe that. She didn't win but she did bring Spain the best result since 2004! A place in the top 10! She didn't deserve that! She should have been at least in the top 5! Top 3 if you ask me! She should have been the runner up!!

She gave one of the best performances that night. Amazing performance! What went wrong? Probably the running order... Željko performed 24th. Then we had FYROM as well (yes I hate it but apparently Europe likes it). Then I blame Europe for not voting for Spain. Spain doesn't have friends. Plus the fact that several commentators in many countries tried (and probably succeeded) to "manipulate" the viewers by telling them NOT to vote for Spain coz they don't want to win. Because they won't be able to host the contest. I wonder if the EBU will do something about this. I know the results can't change but this is unacceptable! The commentators are supposed to be impartial. They're supposed to be neutral. Just giving the information about the song and the performer. They're not supposed to try to affect people's choices!

You might think I'm trying to find excuses, put the blame on someone about Spain's result. Well no. I'm just trying to figure out why a performance and a song like this ended up only 10th while other songs which were in the top 10 shouldn't even be in the final! Of course that's my personal opinion. You might agree, you might disagree, but at the end of the day everything is subjective!

About Pastora's appearance... I liked it and I didn't like it. I wasn't a big fan of the dress. I still wish she had worn the one from the spanish NF. But I also wanted to see the second one. I've seen so many videos on YouTube so I know she could have looked better (or worse! xD) with different make-up and hairstyle. The entire look made her look like a Greek goddess. It was ok I guess but I don't think it fitted the song...

Well nothing can change now but you know I'm trying to stay away from the PESD/PEB which will soon kick in no matter what. But I still have things to say about this year's ESC so the PESD/PEB can wait a bit longer... ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment