Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

DMPG 2013 - The songs and artists

Well to be honest I wasn't planning to write about DMPG's line-up but we have teasers of the songs so I wanna comment them. The thing is that I don't have much free time so I can't blog about everything and especially about countries that are not my favourite in the contest and therefore I don't know any of their artists. Blogging about the rest of the countries would be just to inform you about them and nothing more since I can't make any comments. And you know there are hundreds of eurosites out there which are closely follow everything so you can find any info you want there. :)

Back to DMPG now. Listen to the songs HERE.

1. Frederikke Vedel - Jeg har hele tiden vidst det (Pernille Georgi, Thomas Reil, Jeppe Reil)
Like! Schlager! Good start Denmark! An extra point for the danish.

2. Brinck - Human (Niels Brinck)
Brinck is back! But I'm not that impressed... I totally prefer his 2009 attempt in ESC.

3. Kate Hall - I'm not alone (Lars Halvor Jensen, Martin Larsson, Michelle Bell, Oscar Holter, Jakke Erixson, Simon Hermansen)
Another up-tempo! Nice! I can't tell a lot just from those 30 seconds though... It's not bad...

4. Louise Dubiel - Rejs dig op (Casper Lindstad, Rune Braager, Louise Dubiel)
Nah. I don't like this one...

5. Daze - We own the universe (Thomas G:son, Peter Boström)
The winning writing team of the ESC 2012... However I can't say I like this... Maybe if I listen to the entire song but from what I hear it's a no...

6. Simone Egeriis - Stay awake (Lars Halvor Jensen, Carsten Lindberg)
Right. I like this a lot! So far it's my favourite!

7. Jack Rowan ft. Sam Gray - Invincible (Achmad Darwich, Jack Rowan, Sam Gray)
Uhm yeah. I prefer this one...

8. Emmelie de Forest - Only teardrops (Lise Cabble, Julia Fabrin Jakobsen, Thomas Stengaard)
I need to hear the verses... Chorus is too repetitive...

9. Albin - Beautiful to me (Brian Risberg Clausen, Mads Haugaard)
A bit cheesy... And it's just the chorus so...

10. Mohamed Ali - Unbreakable (Morten Friis, Michael Parsberg, Peter Bjørnskov, Lene Dissing)
 I like this. It has a nice beat but that's all I can say now.

Overall it's a good final with many up-tempo songs and I like that. Unfortunately I don't see any winning material here. Not for my taste at least.

0 comments:

Post a Comment